If you have a wedding to attend his summer, take note! The following To-Do list will help you be the perfect wedding guest.
- R.S.V.P. On Time. A timely response to a wedding invitation is a big deal. Don’t stash the invitation away to reply at a later date. You may forget to send the reply all together! So, do reply promptly, preferably within two weeks.
- Arrive on time. Making an entrance after the bride walks down the aisle is definitely not the ideal. Plan to be in your seat 30 minutes before official showtime.
- Respect the seating plan. If there is a seating plan for the reception, stick to it. You may wonder why you’ve been put on a certain table with people you may not know, but the bride and groom had a reason for doing that. Don’t swap the place cards!
- Engage with other guests. Put your phone in your pocket and refrain from making calls or sending texts during the ceremony or at the reception. If you really must make an important call, then excuse yourself and be discreet.
- Be considerate of the venue. Once the party gets going and the dancing begins, it can be easy to forget you’re partying on rented property. The bride and groom has the responsibility of keeping the venue intact by signing a contract and paying a deposit. Take care of the space and help insure that the couple gets their money back.
Following these simple To Dos will mean you have done your part to make sure that the happy couple have a day to remember! For more details on how to be a great guest, check out the following blogs at weddingsmag.com and marthastewart.com.