If you are planning to attend the Clayton Wedding Expo — set for this Saturday, January 24, at The Clayton Center — you can get a preview of what to expect with this segment from WNCN’s Carolina Today. WATCH VIDEO
Also, try the following tips — from “The Easy Way to Plan Your Wedding!” by Julia Markel of the Association of Wedding Professionals International — to help make the most of your time spent at the expo.
1. Set your priorities. Make a list of the products and services you need the most and decide what your budget will allow for each.
2. Some wedding professionals can only do one or two weddings a day and will, therefore, be booked more quickly. Photographers, DJs, videographers, consultants and some florists are some examples. If you need any of these services, plan to make visiting them a priority as well.
3. Prepare to bring some important items with you. You may want to book appointments, so bring your datebook. You may even want to book services with some of the professionals, so bring your checkbook (or credit card). Swatches of material and ribbon in the colors of your wedding are helpful when speaking with florists, bakers, balloonists, gown shops and other professionals.
4. Many exhibitors (as well as the show producer) have drawings to enter, so bring labels or a stamp with your name, address, phone number, email and wedding date printed on them. This will save you time and prevent writer’s cramp.
5. Most of all, plan to have fun! Attending a wedding expo is sure to help you enjoy planning your wedding and to share this exciting time with others.