Our teen programs are back in person and in a blended model (online/in-person) format! We can't wait to have you join us back at the library!
- Teen Book Club: Email Pam for more information about this great book club that meets monthly and reads great, thought-provoking young adult books.
- Teen Craft Club: This club meets monthly and makes everything from jewelry to paintings to gingerbread houses! Email Pam for more information.
Teen Advisory Board (TAB)
Applications for TAB membership open, and we're accepting them on an ongoing basis. View the application here.
These middle and high school teens host a number of regular monthly events, special events and contests throughout the year. TAB's mission is to encourage teens to become life-long library members and actively develop, implement and promote teen and community service events in the community.
Follow us @ClaytonLibrary on Instagram and Facebook, grab a calendar of events from the library, or email Pam Taylor for more information.
Below you will find some external resources and links that we hope will be helpful.
- The Alex Awards - Are funded by the Margaret Alexander; Edwards Trust, which are announced annually in conjunction with National; Library Week, honor the top 10 adult books for teenagers published during a calendar year.
- The John Newbery Award - The Newbery Medal was named for 18th Century British bookseller John Newbery. It is awarded annually by the American Library Association - Association for Library Service to Children, to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American Literature for children.
- The Michael L. Printz Award - Is an award for a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association of the American Library Association.
- AR Bookfinder - Find Accelerated Reading books by title or topic.
- Book Spot - Books written with young adults in mind confront issues that are of great importance to teens and their families.
- Reading Rants - Out of the ordinary teen booklists!
- Recommended Reading For Teens In Light Of Recent Disasters - A reading list of books about overcoming disaster and stories of survival for teen developed by The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA).
- Teen Book Club - Sign up by entering your email address and receive weekly excerpts of books to read and more!
- TeenInk.com - Magazine, blogs, book series and website written entirely by teens.
- The Young Adult Library Services Association - YALSA booklist and book awards.
Check out these free career, job, and test preparation resources on NCLive. You will need a valid library card to access these resources!
- College Source Online - The World's College Catalog Resource
- Help For Homeless College Students - Resources, Programs and Awareness for College Students in Need
Johnston County Schools Central Services
- Johnston County Schools Central Services - Links to reading lists, homework help, eBooks, resource centers and helpful school apps.
Safe Surfing for Teens
- ALA Great Websites For Kids - Guidelines to follow on how to keep safe while using the internet.