- Books & Media
- Technology Lending
Your Clayton library card lets you borrow mobile hotspots and Chromebooks wherever you go.
Rules for Borrowing
- Borrowers must be at least 18 years old and have a HEML library card in good standing.
- Only one technology item may be checked out at a time per household.
- Items can be borrowed for 21 days, no renewals.
- Technology items may be placed on hold.
- Borrowers are required to read, understand, and sign the technology agreement.
- Hotspots are deactivated if overdue.
- All technology must be returned to the circulation desk, not the book drop. A $10 fee will be applied to items returned in the book drop.
- If lost, damaged, missing pieces, or returned late, fees may be applied.
Review our Technology Lending Policy for full details.
Verizon Orbic Speed Mobile Hotspot
Our mobile hotspots offer a secure and reliable Wi-Fi connection wherever you may be. Up to 10 devices can be connected to this hotspot at a time.
Instructions for using the hotspot are included with each device at check out. If you need assistance, please contact us or call Verizon customer service at 1-800-922-0204.
Click Here to Download Hotspot Quick Guide
This lightweight computer has the ability to connect to mobile data and wi-fi. Equipped with an HD camera for video chatting as well as USB and USB-C ports.
Instructions for using the Chromebook are included with each device at check out. If you need assistance, please contact us or call Verizon customer service at 1-800-922-0204.
Click Here to Download Chromebook Quickstart Guide
The technology for this project was purchased with grant funds from the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), administered by the State library of North Carolina (LS-250229-OLS-21).